2014 SAMA Winner – Best Rap Album
ELLE Magazine 2014 Hot List – people to watch!
Xhosa rap extraordinaire, iFani, is a breath of fresh air to the South African Hip Hop industry. Highly talented both as an MC and a rapper, iFani’s entry into the market has been a chart topping one. With his unique look and lyrical ability, iFani made sure he would not go unnoticed and has had the public in awe since releasing his first single Ewe.
Born in Mthatha and raised in the Port Elizabeth locations of New Brighton and Motherwell, iFani today is known as the hilarious, witty, punchline-master and overall creative MC from the Eastern Cape.
iFani’s career path was not always music. As a University of Cape Town BSc (Hons) Computer Science & BSc (Computer Engineering) graduate, iFani started off in the corporate world where music was something he did on the side. From 2005 to 2009 iFani was an underground rapper who went from battles to cyphers to releasing mixtapes and heading to Hip Hop shows around the country.
It wasn’t until 2010 where iFani lost someone very close to his heart and within a short space of time found himself in hospital after a nasty car accident, that he decided to take a new route in life. He felt that life was too short not to be doing what he absolutely loved, music.
2015… iFani announces details of his innovative #1stDayGold campaign, via the dedicated twitter session, which extended to a global reach in excess of 5 million people. The announcement, coincided with the release of his first single ‘Settle Down’ which has since entered the Top 100 charts, the simultaneous launch of a first-ever physical pre-order for an artist album via Musica, and digital pre-order through iTunes.
The campaign also saw iFani undertake a tireless national radio tour to promote the pre-order with appearances targeting the Eastern Cape, Gauteng, the Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West, the Western Cape and Northern Cape. iFani actively pre-sold his album via every radio, TV, print and online interview, pre-sold to everyone from corporate clients, to small indies, and the most important people in his career, his fans.
“I have gained knowledge through this campaign about how to make dreams come true. It takes a lot of hard work and belief in yourself even when no one else does. I also learnt a lot about myself while pursuing this dream. I set a high personal standard. I have learnt that the industry does not welcome change easily. I learnt that pushing boundaries is not easy and is met with resistance. I also learnt that my fans love and support my dreams coz they trust the music I make for them.”
• 2014 SAMA Winner – Best Rap Album
• 2012 South African Hip Hop Awards Winner - Best Freshman
• Newcomer of The Year - SAMA 2014
• Best Newcomer - Metro FM Music Awards 2014
• Best Music Video - Metro FM Music Awards 2014
• Best Hip Hop Album - Metro FM Music Awards 2014
• Best Male Artist - Metro FM Music Awards 2014
• Album of The Year - South African Hip Hop Awards 2013
• Most Valuable - South African Hip Hop Awards 2013
• Best Video (Milli) - South African Hip Hop Awards 2013
• Best Male - South African Hip Hop Awards 2013
• Song of The Year (Milli) - South African Hip Hop Awards 2013
• Best Song (See Live) - South African Hip Hop Awards 2012
• ELLE Magazine 2014 Hot List – people to watch!
• “Shake” debuted on Club 808’s Chart at Number 1 in September 2012
• “See Live” caught Sony Music Africa’s attention & got iFani signed in 2012
• “Ewe” was chosen as one of 2011’s Best Music Videos by SABC 1’s Live
• Club 808 selects iFani as their first Boxfresh artist 2011
• Hype Magazine listed iFani as Number 1 on their Top Unsigned Hype List in 2009
Accordionists, Aerial Acts, Balloon Sculptors, Belly Dancers, Boy Bands, Brass Bands, Cabaret, Can-Can Dancers, Celebrities, Choirs, Choreographers, Circus Acts, Classical Dancers, Clowns, Contemporary Dancers, Country Bands, Comedians, Compéres, Cover Bands, Cultural Dancers
DJs, Double-bass Players, Drag Artists, Drumming Workshops, Face Painters, Fiddlers, Fire-Eaters, Funky House Bands, Gospel Artists, Gumboot Dancers, Harpists, Illusionists, Industrial Theatre, Irish Bands, Jazz Bands, Jewish Bands, Jugglers
Karaoke, Kwaito Artists, Latin Bands, Line Dancers, Magicians, Marimba Bands, Mime Artists, Mobile Discos, One-man Bands, Oompah Bands, Opera Singers, Orchestras, Penny Whistlers, Photographers, Pianists, Poets
Rappers, Rock n' Roll Bands, Saxophinists, Script Writers, Speakers, Stilt Walkers, Story Tellers, Strength Acts, String Quartets, Swing Bands, Team Building, Themed Events, Traditional Bands, Tumblers, Unicyclists, Ventriloquists, Violinists